Late Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya’s remains is set to arrive Nigeria from Canada on 6th June, and be buried on 7th June at Ikoyi Cemetery.
Yomi Fabyi, the publicity secretary for her burial committee just made this announcement.
Read his post below…
“LATEST on MOJI OLAIYA:
The remain of the Late Moji Olaiya and her daughter will arrive Nigeria from Canada on Tuesday 6th June, 2017 (We will not like to go into details of the flight itinerary because of the baby involved, only the family and few friends will recieve them. Please bear with us). ■ DAY 1: Tues 6th June, 2017, 4pm –
Memorial Service & Artiste Night to follow on same Tuesday at BLUEROOF, LTV 8, LATEEF JAKANDE, AGIDINGBI, IKEJA • PLS, ALL GUESTS ARE ENJOINED TO BE ON BLACK BUT CORPORATE OUTFIT. ■ DAY 2: Wed 7th June, 2017, 10am- She will be buried at Ebony Vault at Ikoyi Cemetery, Lagos. * Brief lying in state will preceed the burial.
T-Shirts for the burial cost N1,500 & will be available at the memorial service and artiste night.
Many thanks and we look forward to recieving everyone including her fans. Maximum security guaranteed.
For your info: COLLEAGUES & MEDIA
For: LATE MOJI OLAIYA BURIAL COMMITTEE.”
Here are a few things to about the amazing late actress Moji Olaiya:
1. She was born on February 27, 1975 and died 42 years old. Her father was high life maestro Victor Olaiya.
3. She was married to Bayo Okesola in 2007 but later divorced. She has two children: Adunoluwa and 18 years later, she welcomed another child on March 17, 2017.
4. She made her indigenous movie debut in the Yoruba movie, Agunbaniro.
5. In 2014, the actress successfully converted from Christianity to Islam.
6. In 2015, she was honoured by the Nigeria Police Force in Abuja for being a role model to Nigerian youths.
7. In 2016, she has been appointed as a Global Ambassador for Peace by the founders of US-based Arts4Peace Award.
8. Her top films include Sade Blade (2005), Nkan adun (2008) and Omo iya meta leyi (2009). Her latest film Iya Okomi is going to premier in July.
May she rest in perfect peace.